I just realised I forgot these from the last post!? They are from the Celebration of Light Fireworks, the first night of four!
I arrived here just over 3 weeks ago now!
I’ve found a few new addictions… the first of which has to be the Grouse Grind!
My legs have become like rock again thanks to doing that a few times. My friend Noriko introduced me to it and hopefully it will become a Sunday afternoon regular thing!
There was also one more thing that I just had to do during summer. You see I never did the perimeter of Stanley Park last time… so off I went.
All of these have to be distractions from the job hunt and house hunt I’ve been engaged in. Ages spent on Craigslist and Workopolis every day while trapped in the Hostel Lounge gets to you. Fresh air is always required.
Those barges would later be used for the Celebration of Light Fireworks Display!
A bit more walking later we make it to this spot where you can go Tombstoning (which by the way is a stupid idea if the depth isn’t known. Here the depth is known and there are park rangers on hand).
I’d gotten talking to a group of Brits and 2 of them did decide to do this. I’ve got a video I need to edit of it all.
After that we headed for English Bay for more chilling.
Everything above can be accessed easily from Downtown Vancouver by Bus or the Seabus! This is a great spot!
Now, the other big news is that I have finally gotten a place to stay. It’s near Cambie and West 17th Ave. Looks like a great area and I have a pretty cool house mate. The job hunt goes on though.
Hope you enjoyed all 45 photos!
Some of the old posts from my first year in Whistler had broken links to photos etc. I decided that this simply would not do.
I’ve updated the posts to include (some) of the photos that were missing and remove the links to the old galleries:
- 18th October 2005: Got some more photos for you all!
- 28th October 2005: Snow is Coming!
- 30th October 2005: Last night in pictures
- 3rd November 2005: The first heavy snowfall
- 23rd December 2005: Hockey!
- 31st December 2005: Urrrgf!
- 15th January 2006: Hypnotised, not just by the new skis!
- 25th January 2006: 7 day update
- 27th January 2006: Something quite amazing from Alan
- 26th May 2006: Now I’m a snowboarder too!
- 27th May 2006: This could be bad for the laptop!
- 29th May 2006: Dad sent some photos of the dogs from home!
- 20th September 2006: Henry!? Where the hell have you been?
- 27th February 2007: Whistler London Meetup Weekend
Took quite a while to edit them in but I think it was worth it. Enjoy!